Welcome to the VIP Brainstormer's Club!
The following books reflect a journey towards a fuller and more complete understanding of African history, it's peoples and the various cultures and civilizations produced by them and on that continent.
I. Foundational Texts for Beginners: The full completion of these books will furnish the reader with a well rounded, in depth and comprehensive grasp of relevant details in an order that will build with the readers understanding as he or she progresses though each text, so that by the time they reach the remainder of the content featured in the general book list provided herein they will have acquired the necessary insight required to appreciate those products of ancient African civilization, ie. 'ancient Egypt', 'ancient Nubia' etc., on a level that such subject matters are indeed worthy of. If you want to sharpen your study skills on the level of a 'Shakka-Ahmose' then these are indeed the books you need to begin with in the order listed.
- The African Origin of Civilization, Myth or Reality by Cheik Anta Diop
- Civilization or Barbarism: An Authentic Anthropology by Cheik Anta Diop
- Africa The Mother of Western Civilization by Yosef Ben Jochannan
- Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race Circa 4500 BC to 2,000 AD by Chancellor Williams
- African Philosophy: the Pharaonic Period 2780-330 BC by Theophile Obenga
- Historical Origin Christianity by Walter Williams
Complimentary Texts for Beginners: The following books are listed to provide the 21st century African, with the tools to navigate through and thrive in the various aspects of social engineering.
II, Economics: The following books, if read in their entirety, are recommended to furnish the reader with a well rounded, comprehensive understanding and appreciation for the sphere of economics and finance, the life blood of the global community we all inhabit; this is the foundational language of fiscal well-being.
- The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
- The Theory of Moral Sentiments by Adam Smith
- Basic Economics: A Commons Sense Guide to the Economy by Thomas Sowell
- Economic Facts and Fallacies by Thomas Sowell
- The Truth About Money by Ric Edelman
- Why Should White Guys Have All the Fun?: How Reginald Lewis Created a Billion-Dollar Business Empire by Reginald F. Lewis
- Black Labor, White Wealth : The Search for Power and Economic Justice by Claud Anderson
III. Females: While the female is the greatest asset in the scheme of things of the human universe, a misguided, ill-informed or un-informed female can prove to be the greatest deficit and ill, not only to the community to which she belongs but equally if not even more so, to herself; this is particularly true of the African female, the progenitor and mother of humanity; it is therefore imperative and incumbent upon the well informed to furnish African females (Black females) with a list of titles capable of imparting to them content and data reflecting an accurate and wholistic image of themselves, thereby undoing much of the damage that has besieged and befallen them throughout the past two thousand years of history if not longer; this should be viewed as an opportunity for her to reclaim herself and therefore her rightful place in the world.
- When God Was a Woman Book by Merlin Stone
- The Superior Aspects of Women: A Tribute to Feminine Nobility by Gabree Amlak
- Afrikan Woman the Original Guardian Angel by Ishakamusa Barashango
- Black Woman of Antiquity by Ivan Van Sertima
IV. History (Black Studies)
"Of all of our studies, history is best qualified to reward our research"
- Black Man of the Nile and His Family by Yosef Ben-Jochannan (Dr Ben)
- The Cultural Unity of Black Africa by Cheik Anta Diop
- Great African Thinkers: Cheikh Anta Diop
- Africans at the Crossroads: African World Revolution by John Henrik Clarke
- They Came Before Columbus by Ivan Van Sertima
- Malcolm X Speaks: Selected Speeches and Statements by Malcolm X (Author), George Breitman (Editor)
- The Wonderful Ethiopians of the Ancient Cushite Empire by Druscilla Dunjee Houston
- General History Of Africa (Ancient Civilizations of Africa II) by
- Essays In Egyptian Studies by Jacob H. Carruthers
- Christopher Columbus and the Afrikan Holocaust: Slavery and the Rise of European Capitalism by John Henrik Clarke
V. History (White Studies)
- Iceman Inheritance : Prehistoric Sources of Western Man's Racism, Sexism and Aggression by Michael Bradley
- Chosen People from the Caucasus: Jewish Origins, Delusions, Deceptions and Historical Role in the Slave Trade, Genocide and Cultural Colonization by Michael Bradley
- Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies by Jared M. Diamond
- Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler
- Developmental Psychology of the Black Child by Amos N. Wilson
- Awakening the Natural Genius of Black Children by Amos N. Wilson
- Yurugu: An African-Centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior by Marimba Ani
- Intellectual Warfare by Jacob Carruthers
- The Falsification of Afrikan Consciousness: Eurocentric History, Psychiatry and the Politics of White Supremacy (Awis Lecture Series) by Amos N. Wilson
- Psychopathic Racial Personality and Other Essays Paperback by Bobby E Wright
- African Origin of Biological Psychiatry by Richard King M.D.
- The Isis Papers: The Keys to the Colors by Frances Cress Welsing
- Tribes: How Race, Religion, and Identity Determine Success in the New Global Economy by Joel Kotkin
- Making of the Whiteman: History, Tradition and the Teachings of Elijah Muhammad by Paul Lawrence Guthrie
- Black truth by J. Asar Jubal
- Historical Origin of Christianity by Walter Williams
- Egyptian Religion by EA Wallis Budge
- Conversations With Ogotemmeli: An Introduction to Dogon Religious Ideas by Marcel Griaule (Author), Germaine Dieterlen (Introduction)
- Rebel in the Soul: An Ancient Egyptian Dialogue Between a Man and His Destiny by Bika Reed
- Egyptian Book of the Dead by E.A. Wallis Budge
- Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead by Raymond.O. Faulkner
- The Ancient Egyptian Coffin Text by R.O. Faulkner
- The Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts (Writings from the Ancient World) by James P. Allen
- The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts by Neil Asher Silberman (Author), Israel Finkelstein (Author)
- Osiris and the Egyptian Resurrection, Vol. 1 by E. A. Wallis Budge
X. Science & Medicine
- Blacks In Science: Ancient and Modern, by Ivan Van Sertima
- STAR OF DEEP BEGINNINGS Genesis of African Science & Technology by Charles S. Finch III, MD
- The Secret Medicine of the Pharaohs: Ancient Egyptian Healing by Cornelius Stetter
- African Origin of Biological Psychiatry by Richard King M.D.
- Ancient Egypt and Black Africa : a student's handbook for the study of Ancient Egypt in philosophy, linguistics, and gender relations by Théophile Obenga and Amon Saba Saakana
- Understanding Cheikh Anta Diop's Civilization Or Barbarism: A Study Guide and More by Yaa-Lengi M. Ngemi
XIII. Young Minds: These Books Have Been Selected for their Approach to Subject Matters Relatable to Young Black Minds.
- From the Browder File: 22 Essays on the African American Experience (From the Browder File Series) by Anthony T. Browder
- From the Browder File Vol II: Survival Strategies for Africans in America: 13 Steps to Freedom by Anthony T. Browder